Monday, June 2, 2014

2000 people!

June 2, 2014

Well, this week I honestly don't know really what to write. We had a regular week, mostly except that we went to Mayorca, the big island, for a conference, so that was fun. Also, we did a lot of service for a member who fell and broke her ankle. We cooked and got her a wheelchair, which of course we rode around more than she did :) also, fast Sunday was good. Almost every member bore their testimonies. It was great :)
 
We are looking for new ways to find people as well, because we have a mission goal to find  2000 new people to teach. It's crazy! But we will make it! That's really it for this week, but to end I want to share a little story.
 
 There is a lady who cannot go to church because she is 85-ish and really weak , and she just recently had to stop coming to church. She tells us every time exactly how much time she hasn't been, and it's sad.  But we have been visiting her and taking the sacrament and I absolutely love her. She always is sitting in her chair, and to the left is her scriptures, and to the right is a bunch of pictures of missionaries and cards, and the neatest thing is that she always says the closing prayer. And this is where I really am impressed by her. It is so difficult for her to stand up and walk, and yet she always stands to say the prayer. She is truly a example to me. I hope that I can be like her when I am old. 
 
Love you all, 
 
Elder Dixon.

No comments:

Post a Comment