Monday, June 9, 2014

It's super weird...I've been in a car more times in the past 4 weeks than in the past 9 months!

June 9, 2014

This week was super great. The work kind of exploded a little here in Menorca, which is great!! This week we saw a ton of miracles, and were really blessed. The neatest one is that we got 8 references from Elder Grau, who is in Mallorca. The references are actually his family members, and the greatest part is that we have started to teach some of them and they have a ton more family members here on the island too!!! It's amazing! Also, having the Clarks here (the senior couple who used to be in the office - Elder Clark speaks French, so he is the elder who helped Elder West and I teach Jonas in Barcelona) is a huge blessing as well, and they have been so great to help us get around to the different pueblos and visit the people here.  It's super weird...I've been in a car more times in the past 4 weeks than in the past 9 months!
 
Also this week we got a visit from the doctor in charge of all the medical stuff for the missionaries in Europe, Elder Greenwood. It was a lot of fun, and he and his wife took us out to eat at a super expensive restaurant (I don't know how to order anymore) and later to ice cream. It was interesting to hear his stories and learn a bit more about just how organized the church really is. It's actually really impressive.

To close, one neat story that happened to us this past week was that we went to go visit a less active member. She's has been going through some really hard times with her family, and is going through a divorce right now too, and works way too much, and so she can't ever come to church, but in the lesson we had with her she showed a powerful testimony. We taught the plan of salvation, and put a special emphasis on the Atonement, and the spirit just flowed into the lesson. My companion shared a personal story and we taught what was probably one of the best lessons I've ever been in. It was amazing to see how powerful the Atonement is, and I realized that I will never understand it completely, simply because it is such a huge thing that I can't grasp the idea.
 
I know that Heavenly Father loves me and that Jesus Christ suffered and died for me, and that He also rose again so that I can as well. What a huge blessing it is to have this knowledge!! I feel so blessed to be here in this mission to share it.
 
I know this church is true.
 
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment