Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas From Spain!...also this includes 2 letters from Elder Dixon


December 23, 2013

Hola, y Feliz Navidad a todas!!! Thank you all for all the cards and notes you have sent me, I really really loved reading them....I probably should have waited till Christmas, but still, I really enjoyed them. 
 
So, this week was crazy. when we found out Elder Wiscombe was leaving, stuff just got hectic around here in Zaragoza, because Maria Angeles wanted him to baptize her, and we made it work!!  But for those two days, we were running everywhere, and it was super crazy - super fun, but I'm still recovering.  Yesterday she was confirmed too, and she is absolutely amazing.
 
Also, another thing that was crazy was that I got to go on a three day companionship exchange, starting right after Elder Wiscombe left.  It was really great, and during those three days I helped set 4 baptismal dates.....the first four in that area of Zaragoza in about 5 months.  It was really a great experience. 
 
Oh, another thing that was really great this week was we got to see the belen (nativity) and we went ice skating, which was a ton of fun. I really love being on a mission. Also, to those friends who have started their papers or turned them in, Way To Go!!!!!  That is super neat, and I can't wait to see where you guys go.
 
Love you all!!!! And Merry Christmas!!
 
Elder Dixon



December 16, 2013

Wow, this week has been crazy, again. And also a little bit sad. Well, more bittersweet. Anyway, this week we went to Llerida again for a zone conference, and it was super awesome. We learned all about using the Book of Mormon to teach effectively. It was way cool. But then, I also found out that Elder Wiscombe is being transferred in the mini transfer.....in other words, tomorrow. I'm super sad. He is going up to Vitoria to be a zone leader. it's really a cool thing for him, and I am excited for him, but I really don't want him to go, and he still needs to finish my training!!! Oh well. Eso es la vida de un missioniaro. (This is the life of a missionary) But, one blessing is that Maria Angeles is going to be baptized tomorrow so Elder Wiscombe can baptize her!!! It's so great. I am so excited for her. We have been scrambling like crazy trying to get everything ready. 
 
Also this week we had a Christmas concert. It was pretty fun.  We sang in a bunch of different languages, and it was really neat, and a ton of people came. We weren't allowed to contact though, which was a bummer. But we handed out a ton of DVD's of Joy to the World. (if you haven't seen it yet, you should) It was really a good experience though.
 
The other thing that was really fun is we went over to a member's house, his name is Vicenso (vee chen so) and he is from Brazil. He is 18, and we went over there last preparation day to have a nerf war. I have never seen so many nerf guns in one place at a time except in stores!! It was a ton of fun, and at the end Hermana Maldonado (his mom) made us Brazilian hot chocolate. It was really good. 
 
Well, that was pretty much my week. The work is moving forward!!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment