Monday, March 30, 2015

“I want patience and I want it NOW!"



March  30, 2015

This week’s been rough again. I’m still sick. I went to the doctors on Tuesday, and they told me I have a lung infection, and an ear infection as well, so we’ve been taking it easy the past week. I feel bad because my companion really wants to get out and work, and so do I, but me being sick is holding us down. However, one night we did go out and work, and we took a member out with us. It was really neat, because after the visit, we had an hour of contacting, and so he suggested we say a prayer, and then we would be able to find some people. Well, for the rest of the night he was directing us to people to talk too, and we saw miracles!!  He would nudge one of us and say "that one. She will listen" and then they would! It was incredible. I really had my testimony of working with the members strengthened. The neatest thing though, was we stopped a lady and her daughter, and she said she didn’t have time, and so we offered her a card, and then right as she was turning away, the member stopped her and asked if he could just say a little prayer to help her. She agreed, and so he said a little prayer, and then she went on her way. We don’t even know her name, but I do know that she will never forget that experience it was really neat.

Also this week, I went on two intercambios, because Elder Engen had to go to Vitoria for a physiotherapist appointment three times. So one intercambio was to Vitoria with him, and the second one was in my area with Elder Defendis. It’s been quite the medical week! But, I’ve learned a lot about relying on the Lord. He is always there, and he knows what’s best for us, so we just have to learn to be patient. My only problem is, to quote Elder Clark, “I want patience and I want it NOW"! At least I know what to work on:)
Thanks for all your support and prayers. Have a good week!
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment