Monday, April 6, 2015

My favorite talk was from Elder Oaks

April 6, 2015
 
This week was pretty good. We’ve been kinda held back by me being sick so much, but we still got out and worked! So that was good. It was tough in the streets with the fiestas because nobody really wanted to listen, but we were always with a member, so that was incredible. I was going over the numbers in my old agendas, and I realized that when I started the mission I had a lot of visits, but without a member. And now, the numbers have been swapped. Lots of visits with members, and hardly any by ourselves. It’s really great.
The best part of the week of course was conference. I loved it! I learned so much! My favorite talk was from Elder Oaks, when he talked about the different kinds of soils, and I tried to think of how I could improve my soil. I’ve started a list of good habits I want to gain, and not so good habits I want to get rid of, and so as I was listening I was really paying attention for that as well. It’s really interesting to see how much of an influence the little things in life have on us and how we act.  One little one president told me in our interview last week (oh ya..We had interviews with president this week:) was that I need to stop popping my knuckles. Weird, but ok, president asked me to so I’m gonna do it!
Anyway, I hope you all have a good week too!
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment