Monday, November 3, 2014

He gave us a little Mexican treat to try....

November 3, 2014

This week was pretty crazy, trying to figure out where we are and what we are doing. Not gonna lie, it's been a bit stressful, but it's starting to calm down a bit. We had stake conference, and that helped us learn some of the members, so we're learning the members and the area little by little, rather than all at once and being overwhelmed. It was pretty crazy to see so many members in one spot though. There were so many! It was interesting too, because the stake choir has been practicing for the past month to sing for it, and they expected us as missionaries to be a part...so really, I just tried to follow the guy next to me because we sang some weird arrangements. But it worked out. Oh, and it was in the Barcelona stake center, which is the building I went to when I was serving in Barcelona, so I got so see a few of the members from there, so that was pretty fun too.
But to learn all the people in our ward is going to be interesting, until we have church next week with just our ward.  The ward list we have is huge too, so it´ll be different for us both trying to figure out what do with so many members. It's pretty exciting though.
Cornella is a very different place, even though it is right next to my old area in Barce.  And actually, my area is Cornella and a couple other small towns too, so we do a bit of traveling. One thing that was pretty neat though, is that during our first visit here, it was with a man from Mexico, and he gave us a little Mexican treat to try. Turns out, they were crickets!! Or grasshoppers - we´re not sure which. They weren't bad though, they tasted and had a texture kinda like bacon bits. So that was fun. Other than that, we have been talking to a ton of people and so we have been having pretty full days. It's been great, and I love working with Elder Frederich. He has been in Huesca before this, which is a group - the smallest organization of the church- and a small city, so kinda like Menorca, only without tourists, and it's a very Spanish city.  He's super humble, and really knows why he is here, and since he came from Huesca, we both understand what it's like working in a small area without very many people, and so it makes working here so much easier. It really is a blessing.
Well, to end, I want to let you know that I believe in Christ. He is my Savior, and He died and atoned for me, and He rose from the grave so that I may as well. I know that He loves me, and that thanks to Him, God's plan works for me, and for everybody. I know that we all have the chance to be saved, because of Him, simply by following Him and doing what He has asked of us. I love my savior, Jesus Christ, and it's as simple as that.
I love you all, and thank you for everything.
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment