Saturday, November 22, 2014

...wait, What?

November 22, 2014

This week was amazing!!!!  Ok, I guess I better start off with Wednesday, when we had a zone conference, where we talked about a bunch of stuff, like faith, and then also about how we needed to shine our shoes and get our hair cut before that Saturday, because every missionary from our mission would be going to a very special conference at 10:30 am Saturday morning, where Elder Cook, of the Quorum of the 12, would be coming to speak to us......wait, What? So ya:) this week was really good. He came for a stake conference, and wanted to see the missionaries. So, it ended up being a question answer thing, and his wife also talked a lot about music and stuff, and overall, I learned a ton about faith, and I wanna share just a few things.
 
Elder Cook mentioned, that we don't know how much power faith has, it was by faith mountains were moved. So, we need more faith! But what happens if we don't? He then explained that "the desire to have faith is precious" and that nobody should feel less worthy or spiritual or anything, for only having the desire, instead of the faith itself. I wish I could describe better how he said it, because it was so powerful, especially when he described it as being something precious, and of value, rather than ¨less¨.  He then mentioned, that when we have more faith, we see more success.  It was a really neat meeting, and I got to see a ton of friends, like Elder LeSueur, and Elder and Sister Clark. It was really great. 
Well, we kinda got back from our hike late, so I don't have much time. I hope you all have a good week!
 
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment