Thursday, October 10, 2013

"My time here at the MTC has been super fun, but I am so ready to get out into the field."

Well, this week was really fun, but rather uneventful, except for conference, which was absolutely amazing!!!  I loved it so much!!  Especially the talk in priesthood from President Eyring.  I would really encourage everyone to go watch them all again and again, because there was so much in there!!  Also, when Elder Ballard talked about visiting the missionaries in Europe, I was one of those!! Wahoo!!!
 
Other than that, this week was all pretty much the same as the last ones, just more classes and language and study, but the Spirit is so strong.  One experience from the park last week though.  I was on a split with Elder Roberts (my first companion) and we met a guy who said he was Catholic, but then started explaining that God was in the trees and grass, but really wasn't there at all....it was way confusing, but it was a good conversation, during which I was offered a sandwich and wine. (I didn't know what it was at first so I just said no.. good thing I did!)
 
Anyway, he then started telling us about how he was a mercenary in Brazil and got hit by a bomb, at which point he opened his shirt and started showing us his crazy scars, which were huge!!  So, that was the park experience.
 
Other than that not much has happened.  Today is the last p-day in the CCM though, which is scary.   Tuesday at six I get on a bullet train for 2 hours and I get to go to Barcelona!!! Ahhhhh!!!!
 
Today was also the last time I get to go to the temple for 23 months.  It's kinda sad, and I spent a ton of time in the Celestial room, just feeling the Spirit and thinking of my mission.   My time here at the MTC has been super fun, but I am so ready to get out into the field.  I don't know yet where I will be for my first area, but please pray for me to have a good trainer and an awesome experience for the first few days out in the field.  Next time you hear from me I will officially be in the Barcelona Spain mission!!
 
I love each one of you a lot, and I hope you all are keeping your testimonies strong.
 
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment