Friday, October 18, 2013

"..Made it safe and sound to Barcelona.."


I made it safe and sound to Barcelona on Monday!!!   Although, that night I did sleep on a hardwood floor...that was fun.  Also, I got to go contacting and had a really fast lesson with a less active member.  It was soooo cool!!  Then yesterday we got to go to a fortress in Barcelona up on a hill, and on one side I could see all of Barcelona and on the other I could see the Mediterranean. It was so beautiful!! I will send some pictures next Monday (which is my new preparation day).


After that we had a meeting where I found out where my first area is and who my new companero is as well!!!


So...drumroll please.........I get to serve in Zaragoza (dead center of my mission) with Elder Wiscome!!  It's so cool!


Yesterday I got to go for another 2 hour train ride, and then when we got to our piso (apartment) it was time for us to be in our houses. (Oh, quick note, the missionary schedule here in Spain is an hour later because of the culture, so I get to wake up at 7:30 and go to bed at 11:30 instead of 6:30 to 10:30.  Yay :)


Anyway, I only have time to tell you that today I have taught four people, and in our second lesson I committed Magally to baptism on November 9!!!   And, no, I can't pronounce her name cause it's not Spanish pronunciation.  Anyway, it was so cool because that was the second visit she has ever had with the missionaries.    Also, she brought a friend who is really interested too!!! Jackpot!   Well, I have to go now, I'll tell you more about my adventures on Monday


Love you all!!


Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment