Monday, September 7, 2015

Her mom won't let her be baptized........


September 7, 2015

This week was a really great week, and we received a lot of blessings, but I want to share with you just one. We've been working with a girl for a long time, and she's completely read the Book of Mormon, has a testimony of everything, and really wants to be baptized. The only problem is that she's only 15 and her mom won't let her be baptized until she sees some sort of change to tell her that her daughter is "ready". The confusing bit is that her mom loves us, and actually gets mad at us if we don't go over to their house for a few days The whole family is amazing, and so this past week while we were on intercambios we went over. We had a great visit, where we talked about and showed the video from president Uchtdorf about living below our privileges. So of course the subject of baptism came up, and we were talking again about how the mom just doesn't think her daughter is ready, and my zone leader just kinda stopped, and said, "to tell you the truth, I think your daughter is ready". Then she asked who he was to say that, and he replied that he was the one who actually would have the final word. She was so surprised, because I don't think she realized that an 18 year old kid could be the one to say if somebody was prepared or not. So then he asked her if she would let him conduct a baptismal interview for her daughter, and then if he found her ready, if she would let her be baptized. The mom just looked at me and just said, "I wish I could see the look on Elder Stations face when I say yes."  Well, I’m pretty sure the look on my face, and on her daughters was enough. It was a huge miracle, and I know that the Lord really does inspire us in this work, and does inspire our leaders as well. The mission truly is incredible. On top of that experience, we had a great zone conference, and just had a blast all around.

I hope you all have a good week as well!

Love,

Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment