Monday, July 27, 2015

I was only in that area with that companion for 3 weeks!

July 27, 2015

Ok, so this week was the craziest of my mission life...probably of my whole life to be honest. It all started on Monday, when after playing sports with the zone, elder Oliver realized he couldn't tap his right foot like normal....in fact, he couldn't move his ankle at all...so when he walked his foot just kinda flopped around all funny.... It didn't hurt him, but you know, it warranted a trip to the hospital.  So, since they had a real important visit we did splits and I went to
the hospital with him. We waited there for a about an hour and a half, and then in walked the nurse and she literally just touched his foot and said it was just a stressed tendon and he shouldn't walk for a couple of days...so we figured we'd probably have to do splits again during the week....but we couldn't have imagined we would do them as
much as we did. The problem was that I was supposed to do companionship exchanges with my leaders on Tuesday, after I finished teaching district meeting. But the other elders wouldn't be able to come to district meeting at all.
 
Well....literally as we were about to leave to go to the church for the meeting, we got a phone call, from the mission president. So, I answered it, and after talking to me for a second, he asked to speak to my companion.  So, they start speaking, and my companion gets a really shocked look on his face....says "yes president" and then hands the phone to me.....uh oh. So he explained my companion needs to be emergency transferred to the mission office because the senior couple is going home...and that they are just gonna close down our area and let Elder Brog and Oliver take care of it...and that I needed to go Gandia, which is still my district.
Needless to say, I didn't do the exchanges with the zone leaders...that'll happen this next week:)So that's where I'm at right now, in Gandia with Elder Stratton as my companion. So the whole week was us teaching the other elders about our area, because we didn't leave until Sunday night. It's been pretty interesting, just doing splits the whole time. I've been with my companion for maybe 5 visits.  Crazy stuff! I was only in that area with that companion for 3 weeks!  That's so short! But, the Lord knows what he's doing. I sure I'll figure out why in a few days. Just trust In Him and everything goes a lot better:)

Well, I hope you all have a good week too! Go have an adventure!

Love,

Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment