Monday, July 13, 2015

I was in a slump...

July 13, 2015

Well....this week as an adventure!  It's been really crazy, and I'm still not unpacked all the way just because we haven't really even had time to breath between all the visits and stuff we have to do. I’m still super lost, and don't know my area very well, but it's a lot of fun. We've met a ton of people this week and have had a lot of lessons, the members here are great too, because they help us out a ton too. I'm really glad to be here in Valencia.  To tell the truth, I was mad last week that I was transferred. Especially since the ayudantes told me I would stay in Pamplona for the rest of my mission, so when I got the call I was shocked.

But, once again the Lord has taught me to trust in Him. I don't know if you have ever seen the Mormon message "the will of God". If you haven't, it's worth watching. Well, in it, it compares God to a gardener, and us to a plant that was severely pruned. Sometimes we may ask, why? But the Lord is the gardener, and He knows what He wants us to be. Only, sometimes he doesn't tell us why until a lot later. For me though,  the "why" was made evident immediately. I have found during the last week here that I was in a slump, not really progressing. I was working a lot, yes, and the area and investigators were progressing, but I wasn't. However, within 6 days of working with elder Pemberton, I have already been taught and uplifted to a whole new level. For only having two transfers, he is one of the most mature, and amazing missionaries I have ever met, and is an incredible leader for me, even as a junior companion. It truly is incredible, and I feel like this transfer is going to be amazing for both of us. His Spanish is impressive, and his desire to be better and improve is inspiring. He really makes me want to be better too. I'm having a lot of fun here in Valencia and the work is amazing!!

I hope you all have a good week too!
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment