Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I’ve gotten really good at falling asleep on the bus:)

May 12, 2015

This week was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Starting off, we went to Barcelona (a four hour train ride, going at an average 250 km/hour) and got to stay in a four star hotel, then go into my old area a bit and listen to two of the seventy explain some amazing things!! The Lord really is hastening His work. The whole conference was about how we need to give our will, our time, everything we have and are to the Lord, and He will change us. It was incredible. Then, we had another 4 hour train ride back, and we were back to working like crazy!!
 
We found some really great people to start teaching and had a lot of great visits. One of the best was when we were with a member, and he took us to some of his family. His cousin is atheist, but when we gave him the Book of Mormon he said he would try and believe. It was really neat because of his sincerity, and I know that as he reads he will believe. so we’ll see where that goes:)
 
The other neat thing that happened this week was that right after church, a  couple we have been working with for about 3 months came up to us and asked us what they have to do to get baptized, since they have been coming for a while, they felt ready to take the next step. I was blown away, and so tonight we have a visit to see what we can do to help them, which I’m sure will mean planning a baptism for this weekend. yay:) Then, afterward, we got to skype our families, which was fantastic, and right after we had to run and catch a bus to Bilbao for another conference.(this time we got to stay in a five star hotel:) So, this week was a lot of traveling, learning, miracles and just having a blast:) I love the mission, but man, traveling just wears me out! I’ve gotten really good at falling asleep on the bus:)
 
Well, I hope you all have a great week.
 
Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf.
 
Love,
 
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment