Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I love being a missionary

May 26, 2015

This week was another great week. We had a lot of fun, found a ton of people, had a ton of people come to church, and taught a bunch of lessons. It was a really great week. One neat miracle happened at church. As we were at the door welcoming people, a part member family came in with a bunch of their friends, and we got a visit set up to go visit them tomorrow. It was so simple! We’ve been talking a lot about how this coming month is the month of invitation, and we’re already seeing the members inviting in advance! This family isn’t the first to bring people to church. Yesterday for example, we found out that one of the young women has been bringing a friend to church every Sunday for almost 4 months, and we didn’t even know she wasn’t a member! I at least thought she was a less active the other elders were working with, but nope! The ward members are really great here. We also had a really great ward council meeting where we talked all about what we can do to help the members and non-members make the Sabbath day more meaningful, and I’ve never been in a better ward council meeting. I’ve just been astounded this past week at the effort the members are making. I don’t know if they have been doing this all along, or if I am just noticing it now, but either way it’s incredible! Now really is the time to work together with the members, and the Lord really is hastening his work! I love being a missionary.
Also, good news, transfers came and went and nobody here in Pamplona is leaving! However, this will be the last transfer for President Pace, and then I’ll be getting a new mission president. Weird!
Anyway, I hope you all have a good week too:)
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment