Tuesday, April 14, 2015

That was super weird.....

April 14, 2015

This week was absolutely crazy. First off, the most notable thing that happened was I went to the doctor, and they shoved a camera up my nose to see what is wrong with me. That was super weird.....I got to see the inside of my nose, and they described where all the little tubes went to and everything. The final diagnosis is sinusitis, secondary otitis, and a unknown type of infection in my lungs. So, I’m on heavy antibiotics for 2 weeks, and a lot of other funny pills to combat the side effects of the antibiotic. I’m doing better though, so it seems to be working. Not much, but better. I’ve still had to stay in piso a couple of days. On Monday night I had a really high fever, so I’ve been trying to take really good care of myself.

Apart from all the medical issues, this week was really great. This Saturday for the Jas activity we do every week, we set up a scavenger hunt, and the Jas invited their friends and everything, so it turned into a tour of the church too. Here we work a lot with the young people. They are really solid, and jump to help us. It was also pretty neat this week, because bishop called us a couple of times, just asking if he could come to visits with us. So we went with him a bunch, and one day he stayed inside with me while Elder Noovao went out with another member to our visits. The ward here is amazing.
Then, the best part was that an investigator we’ve been trying to get ahold of for a while came to church. I don’t know if you remember but about a month ago I told you about a reference from our ward mission leader. Her name is Luz, and when we went to visit her, she was amazing, and accepted a baptismal date. Well, then she came to church that Sunday, and then from there we hadn’t heard anything from her until she came this Sunday. Apparently, that Monday she had some major medical issues, and so had a couple of surgeries and has been recovering, and so hasn’t been able to come to church. But she came this week, and we gave her a blessing, and she’s doing amazing now. It was awesome to see her walk up to the church.
I hope you have a great week too!!
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment