Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I just got transferred to...PAMPLONA!!

January 21, 2015
Well, just so you all know......I just got transferred to...PAMPLONA!! I’m now companions with Elder Noovao, from New Zealand, and so far we have been having a blast. he’s only been in the mission a little while, but he is a spiritual beast, and, turns out, was one of the elders in Cornellá right before Elder Frederich and I, so that’s pretty neat...we stayed up late last night talking about all the people there and his converts and everything....I didn’t even ask him about himself ‘til this morning. He’s really great though, and rearing to work.
So ya. Oh, btw, Sorry this is late, my train got in last night to Pamplona a little late, so we didn’t have time to e-mail until now. But I made it safe and sound, and got two references while I was on the train, so all is well:) It was kinda hard to leave Cornellá, after working so much there, and getting to know so many people, but I am really excited to work with Elder Noovao. He is really great, and in the short time we’ve been together, I’ve been able to see that he is a really hard worker, and we are going to see a lot of blessings here for sure. I’m really looking forward to working with the people here. It’s a lot different from where I’ve been before, but so far, I like it.

I want to share with you a little of what Elder Frederich and I were able to do in Cornellá. Together, we made over 150 changes to the ward list, updating it. We found quite a few part-member families, and were working with them, and we also have been working really hard to try and make San Boi (a pueblo we worked in a lot) be a good place to put a branch in someday. While I was with Elder Frederich, I learned so much, and grew a ton. He is a really good missionary, and a really good friend of mine as well. It’s a good thing he is going to BYU after the mission, so we can hang out afterwards. It’s really weird to think that this is his last transfer.
It’s kinda weird to think, but 6 of the 10 companions I have had, are already home, and my trainer is about to get married... I still can’t wrap my brain around how fast the time has gone. The mission really is the best.
Anyway, I hope you all have a good week.

Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment