Thursday, January 9, 2014

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so this week was absolutely crazy!!!!!! It was crazy Monday with Elder Gil about to leave, because then we found out he couldn't until Thursday because he was waiting for a package from his mom that only he could pick up. So that was crazy trying to figure out.  Then Tuesday was crazy because it was New Years, and it was super fun too because we went to eat at Maria Angleses house and she is an amazing cook.  Then Wednesday is where the fun begins.


So, every month we have a Zone Focus in Llerida, and I was going to do a intercambio with the zone leaders (I don't know how to say that in English, but it's like a split with other missionaries) and so after the Zone Focus I went with the Zone Leader to Dominos to eat pizza.


While we were there, Elder Carrigan, the Zone Leader, got a call, handed it to me and said, it's the President. Well, I answered, and with a piece of pizza in my hand and a super shocked look on my face, President said that I was going to Barcelona instead of Elder Gil and that I needed to be on a train back to Zaragoza that night to pack, then get on a train the next morning at 9:45 to Barce.  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok, so there was that crazy stuff on Wednesday cause then I didn't get back to Zaragoza until nine, where I only had time to say goodbye to Maria Angles because Elder Coombs already had a visit with her, then only an hour that night to pack, and two more the next morning. Holy cow I was so stressed. It was crazy!


Thursday I arrived in Barce, and my new companion is Elder Ferrer. He is super great, but I can't understand him, because he is native and from Granada - which is the hardest accent to understand. I honestly cannot understand him at all, but he tries to speak without the accent for me so that is nice. He lived in the states for 8 months so he speaks English too which is a plus. Anyway, he is great.


I'm still adjusting to the change, its super weird, and Barce is huge, but it's really great.  Oh, and we live about 3 blocks away from the Sagrada Familia, (a Basilica Cathedral you should Google) so that's pretty neat too.  (Sorry I don't know my new address yet.....)


So, that was the story of my crazy week.  It's been really fun here so far though.  Oh, and I forgot that this week was transfers week, so that was interesting too...haha:) the crazy life of Elder Dixon!!


So, I just want to throw in one little spiritual thought.  If you go read the scripture in 2 Nephi 2:25 that says Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy….well, if you look at the footnote for joy, it just may knock your socks off :) 


Well, I hope you all had a great holiday season, 'cuz I sure did!


Con Amor,


Elder Dixon
Here are a couple of picture of Ricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment