Tuesday, August 18, 2015

She accepted the invitation to be baptized!

August 18, 2015

Well, this week has left me a bit dumbfounded, because I have learned so much and had so many amazing experiences, seen so many miracles, laughed a ton, made new friends, and overall just been in shock at the amount of love the Lord has for us, and that we can feel from Him. It truly has been a great week.
 
We had another great week of teaching and finding and teaching some more, with a bunch of walking thrown in there and a little pizza in between (we found a pizzeria that is amazing, so we've been a few times). Add on to that a crazy intercambio with Elder Brog, plus a companion that makes everything super funny, and the week was incredible.
 
So, the biggest lesson I learned this week was that we need to always be doing the "good, better, best" check on ourselves, and if we're only doing the "better" option, we need to change it for the "best". That happened to us a couple times, and one time, we saw a huge miracle from it. We were going to go to the church to make phone calls about a half hour before our next visit, but after opening the gate to the church we felt that we needed to go pass by a less active member, and as we were walking we didn't even get a full 3 streets away when a lady had stopped us in the street and told us that she wanted to learn more about the church but just had never had the guts to come and talk to us, but that she had studied a lot and decided that the Mormon church was the right one for her. So we asked if she had some time, and we went back to the church and had a great lesson, in which she accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 5th of September. It truly is incredible how the Lord prepares both his children, and his missionaries as well.
 
So to end here's a funny little story. As we were sitting in the church the bishop got up to start the meeting. Then a biker couple comes in with all their leather on but after they took off the jacket he had on a white shirt and tie and she had a dress on. I got really confused.   I thought to myself, "Self, that's not normal you need to talk to them after the meeting is done." So after the meeting was over my companion and I got up and started talking to them. They are here on vacation for a week, from Madrid, and so we got talking and found out that he served his mission in Honduras, and knew an elder Stratton who looked like my companion....turns out it was my comps cousin...crazy!
 
But wait, it gets better. He then turns to me, and starts asking where I'm from, and when I said Bountiful he mentions he had family there, so I ask their names, and what do you know, his uncles name is Eduardo MeoƱo....and his cousin Erick right now is finishing his mission in Honduras..,,,what? Yup....small world, especially when you consider I live about 5 doors down from Erick, and we grew up together. Weird stuff!
 
So there you go!
 
I hope you all have a good week and see miracles! Also, a little shout out to all my good friends going home this week, cuz there are a lot of you! I'll catch up some day!
 
Love, Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment