Monday, June 22, 2015

The work is good, my stomach is full, and I love being a missionary!

June 22, 2015

So, to start off the weekly report this time, I want to share a story. I wasn't having all that great of a day, we hadn't had very many lessons, in fact most of them had fired on us. I was just kind of floating, drifting really, and didn't know what to do. We were contacting like crazy, but literally nobody was taking the time to listen to us, or do anything other than say no. Well, as we were about to head off to another visit, I made one last contact, to a lady sitting on the bench, and she as well said no, but somehow we stayed there talking to her. We explained who we were, and we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon, and we had a really nice lesson. She didn't set up a return visit, she wouldn't even give us her number, but it was a really peaceful visit, and as we left I just couldn't stop thinking about how wonderful it was to be a missionary, and that our purpose isn't to find new people, or teach member present lessons, but to simply invite others to come unto Christ. After that visit, I really felt free, and happy to be a missionary of the Lord.
 
Apart from that, this week was great. We had a crazy family home evening with a bunch of Dominicans, and a way neat ward barbecue on Saturday where everybody brought a friend. Also, one of the sisters in the ward got her mission call, and two other kids just submitted their papers, so we're working a lot with future missionaries now too. It's a ton of fun. The work is good, my stomach is full, and I love being a missionary!
 
Love you all,
 
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment