Monday, March 17, 2014

Ricky and a photo


March 3, 2014

So, this week was a very interesting week.  It started out amazing on Sunday when we met the lady I told you about last week, the one who just showed up to church without us knowing.  Then we had a great lesson with her after church, but that's when the week started to turn crazy.
 
It started Sunday, with Elder West mentioning to me that his ear was bugging him a little, and that his stomach was a little upset, but I didn't think anything of it, and he didn't say anymore, until Monday when we were going to a noche de hogar with a recent convert family, and he said his ear was bugging him again, and again, I really didn't think anything of it, until we started to eat.  I noticed he wasn't eating very fast, because he usually can down food (and does) and one of the members we were with noticed as well, and asked if he was all right, at which point he explained that it hurt him to chew and swallow.   So that's when I started to get worried.   Then, the next day, we had a few appointments in the morning with 2 of our investigators, and they went well, and we started to go to a eating visit, and while we were on the metro Elder West said his stomach was really hurting him and his ear was bugging him again, so I told him that we would go eat then go to piso and he could take a pill or something.   Well, once we got into the visit, I was helping the member cook, and Elder West went to the bathroom, and when he came out he let me know that he thought he had diarrhea, and he told the member he probably wouldn't be able to eat that much because of his ear.  Fortunately the member we were with is super nice, and he put the food in a box for Elder West to take home, but during the time we were at his house Elder West had to go to the bathroom about 3 times more, so after that we went to piso, and he has been confined to piso since then.   The only time he has been able to leave was when we went to the office to go to the doctor, and he felt well enough just to go to sacrament meeting, but other than that we have been in piso for the past 6 days, during which time I have been able to organize our area book and call a bunch of people, clean the piso, read a lot of the mission library, and sleep.  
 
But honestly, Elder West is an amazing missionary, one of the best.  I have not once heard him really complain, other than that he feels bad that he is making me stay in piso.  His attitude is absolutely amazing, and even though I can tell his ear really hurts him, and he has visibly lost a lot of weight because he can't eat, he still wants to go out and work, and if it weren't for Hermana Pace´s orders he would be working still, I think.
 
He was talking to me and said that he really just wants to soldier on and work, but he knows that if he does he will make it worse.   I feel really bad for him, because he really feels super bad, even if he won't say it. But I can't say enough of how amazing of an example he is to me, because he still is making jokes when he is awake and trying to help me.  He is awesome.  I feel really bad for him.   Fortunately for me, the members here are really great, so I am with one right now so I can have a normal preparation day, while Elder West is at the mission office with the elders there, since they have a different preparation day.
 
So today we went to go play volleyball on the beach, and it was absolutely beautiful. That though was basically my week.
 
Thanks for all your support,
Elder Dixon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment